There has likely been a church in Loose for over a thousand years.
“I passed on to you what was most important […] Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.”
1 Corinthians chapter 15, verses 3-4 NLT
“It is this Good News that saves you” writes Paul “if you continue to believe the message” (verse 2 NLT). This ancient summary is just as relevant today. We love its emphasis on:
- The Scriptures – or the Bible – through which God speaks today.
- Jesus Christ – who died for sinners and rose to be our King.
- Our response – to believe or trust Jesus and the good news about him.
- Salvation – people rescued from sin to enjoy being with God forever.
Click here to watch a short video summarising the heart of the Christian faith. If you would like to read more about our Reformed and Evangelical beliefs follow the links below:
- As part of the Church of England our official statement of faith is The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion.
- Our church council has passed the Jerusalem Declaration – a modern restatement of historic Anglican belief.
- Our church is part of the Kent Gospel Partnership so our pastors subscribe to their doctrinal basis.
- We are also linked with the ReNew Conference which ‘is advancing Anglican Evangelical ministries for the salvation of England’.